Awards Received by Quackwatch
Other Favorable Mentions
- NBNews Editor's Choice Award, May 1997.
- Medical Web Site of the Month. Oncology Times, October 1997
- Superior Noncommercial Site. The Learning Fountain, November 1997
- Featured Site. CEO Express, November 1997
- One of four web sites selected by the Museum of Science and Industry in Paris to demonstrate the quality of health information on the internet at its "New Image, New Networks" exhibition from December 1997 through 1998.
- Site of the month. Protégez-vous, August 1998. Protégez-vous is a Canadian consumer-protection magazine whose name means "protect yourself" in English. Its review stated that Quackwatch is "one of the better sites to separate myths from reality as to health matters" and that Dr. Barrett "summarizes and criticizes tens of alternative methods, natural products, and fraudulant claims with an efficacy and precision difficult to equal."
- Cool Site. Canadian Medical Association Journal, June 1998.
- Site du Jour of the Day. October 18, 1998.
- Listed as one of nine "select sites that provide reliable health information and resources." Journal of the American Medical Association 280:1380, 1998.
- Site of the Week. Entertainment Weekly, March 15, 1999.
- Forbes "Best of the Web," 2000-2004.
- Best health care watchdog. Yahoo Internet Life, October 2000.
- U.S. News & World Reports, Best of the Web (alternative medicine), December 4, 2000.
- National Review: Top 100 Cool Sites.
- One of the 17 best general health sites on the Internet. ON Magazine, March 2001.
- "Kool Health Site of the Week." Kim Komando Radio Show, March 16, 2001.
- Best physician-authored site. MD NetGuide, May 2003.
This page was revised on November 7, 2005.