Skeptical Information Sources
"Skeptics" and their organizations are dedicated to rational thinking and using the scientific method to analyze claims of the paranormal and fringe-science phenomena. The bracketed dates indicate the most recent time we checked the site.
Our goal is to select links that provide accurate information. We have carefully inspected each site and believe—unless othewise noted—that they are 100% trustworthy. Please contact us if you find that a link does not work, encounter questionable information on any site listed on this page, or would like to recommend another skeptic site to consider.
Each of the following sites contains extensive information. Most publish an online newsletter.
- Association for Science and Reason (formerly Skeptics Canada), Toronro, Canada [11/16/17]
- Bay Area Skeptics, Berkeley, California[11/16/17]
- Committee for Scientific Inquiry (CSI, formerly CSICOP) [11/16/17]
- The New England Skeptical Society, Hamden, Connecticut [11/16/17]
- James Randi Educational Foundation [11/16/17]
- North Texas Skeptics, Carrollton, Texas [11/16/17]
- Philadelphia Association for Critical Thinking (PhACT), Glenside, Pennsylvania [11/16/17]
- Rational Examination Asssociation of Lincoln Land (REALL): Springfield, Illinois [11/16/17]
- Skeptics Society, Altadena, California [11/16/17]
- Tampa Bay (Florida) Skeptics [11/16/17]
CSI's International Network of Skeptical Organizations page provides links and other contact information for many other groups.
- The Scientific Review of Alternative Medicine [4/11/07]
- Skeptical Inquirer [11/16/17]
- Skeptic Magazine [4/11/07]
- Skeptic News [11/16/17]
- Skeptic Report [11/16/17]
- James Randi's Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural [4/11/07]
- Ian Rowland's Psychic Entertainment Sources: An entertaining guide to psychic and paranormal fakery [4/11/07]
- National Center for Science Education: Defending the teaching of evoution in the public schools [4/11/07]
- Skeptic's Dictionary: Articles covering more than 400 topics [4/11/07]
- Skeptic Planet: Search engine searches 40 skeptic sites [4/11/07]
- Skepticism, Science and Critical Inquiry[4/11/07]
- Sources of Skeptical Information on the Net: Very extensive list [4/11/07]
- Statistical Assessment Service: Analyses intended to improve public understanding of scientific and statistical information [4/11/07]
- The Talk Origins Archive: Skeptic's guide to the creation/evolution controversy [4/11/07]
- Talk Reason: More information on creationist pseudoscience [4/11/07]
- Victor J. Stenger, Ph.D.: Commentary on "quantum quackery" and other aspectsof pseudoscience [4/11/07]
This page was revised on November 16, 2017.